I design interfaces and interactions on the web, mobile devices and in built environments. I enjoy thinking about information and media theory and its impact on culture and community.
My work has a persistent theme, informed by one of my earliest lessons in design: the relationship of the micro to macro. Every project is composed of bits, from the individual users and stake holders to the interactions and interface elements that they use. The end result is the macro whole- a complete experience built on an interdisciplinary web of relationships and connections. That theme is reflected in my work:
- Institutional and Corporate Websites: analysis and ethnographic research of communities and customers, personas, digital strategy an lead capture and nurture design and information architecture
- E-commerce: customer and product research, product information architecture, search engine strategy, customization interface design
- New Media Publications: analysis, research, search engine strategy, social media strategy and design for niche and community publications
- Business Tools: statistical analysis and the creation of interactive information graphics and analytic dashboard design
- Mobile Apps: user research, service and interaction design and graphic design of mobile apps on the web, iOS and Android platforms
I also create interactive art that has been displayed in the galleries museums and for installation in commercial environments.
I am available for hire.